It’s Frugal Friday! Time for my weekly round-up of frugal wins and frugal fails. How did you do this week?
- I brought my lunch and breakfast to work every day this week (and ate it!) Staying out of the very easy cafeteria at work helps keep our food spend low.
- I bought a box of tea that I really like and took it to work. This has been keeping me out of Starbucks, which is definitely a win. I first got introduced to this tea when I lived in Minnesota (thank you, Granny) and I was thrilled when I found it on Amazon! It seriously tastes like Christmas in a cup. Sweet, spicy, so good.
I think that might be it for the week. Ugh. Not a very inspiring week of wins! But hey, they can’t all be winners, right? This one definitely isn’t because up next- Frugal Fails!
- The biggest fail this week was definitely locking my keys in the car on Monday. I had to pay $53 bucks to get my keys back out. This is a fail particularly because I’ve been procrastinating getting spare keys made for the car. If I’d done that, I’d have had a spare key in my desk and $53 bucks still in my pocket.
- Thursday night = McDonalds drive-thru. I got off work super late and it was well after dinner time by the time we got home. McDonalds was totally worth NOT having a melting down toddler.
- Oh yeah- giant vet bill. Not frugal. I am a terrible pet owner because apparently brushing teeth is something dogs need on a regular basis or their teeth become really gross and then have to be cleaned professionally. I did not know this. I don’t ever remember brushing teeth for our dogs growing up, but I really don’t remember well. I know now. Brush your dog’s teeth. Seriously. A toothbrush costs $4. Teeth cleaning cost well over $400.
Ugh. Not a great week. I’m happy because the vet bill ended up being less than I had budgeted, but still a LOT of money. Anyway. Onward. Next week is a new week. Clearly I need to be a little more intentional in making frugal decisions.