I can’t claim credit for the title of this post- I stole this idea from my blogging inspirations: The Frugal Girl and The Non-Consumer Advocate.
But, in the spirit of not focusing on the negative parts of this week, here are five things that are making me happy (and one thing that’s pissing me off, because I can’t resist).
Five things that are making me happy
- The sun is out! But it’s not 100 degrees. That’s a lovely change from hot/humid or gloomy/rainy/humid.
- I’ve managed to make dinner at home again every night this week so far. And a lot of it was really delicious grilled things (brats, chicken and pork) which I am very much enjoying.
- I went to the gym every workday last week and I’ve gone every day but one this week (due to a team outing at work). This is huge for me- I may have my spending under control but consistently going to the gym has always been a challenge. But I’m on a good streak right now. I’m hoping I can keep it up!
- F has been really affectionate this week. She’s started giving me kisses so big and hard that they’re actually bruising my cheeks and has been asking for hugs and snuggles. She’s generally not a particularly affectionate toddler, so I have been soaking up the extra love 🙂
- F and I are going up to spend a day with my dad this weekend, which is always fun. I love living close to family- it’s so nice to be able to just decide to go visit for a day and not have it be a huge ordeal. We were only 4 hours away before, but it felt much farther.
One thing that is pissing me off
- For the last few months, I’ve been semi-regularly getting my groceries through Walmart’s new grocery service (i.e. you order groceries online, they bag them up and you pick them all up curbside). I usually have really good luck with all the food, but the last two weeks, the produce they’ve picked has started going bad really quickly. This week, I had two bananas and two peaches go from not ripe to spoiled in less than 24 hours and a cucumber that went bad almost immediately upon being cut up (which is not normal). I’ve had to throw out a bunch of food this week and that kind of waste just really pisses me off. I’m going to give them one more chance and then I might have to reconsider this service.
So there you have it. What’s making you happy this week?