It’s frugal Friday here on the blog! I’m going to reflect on my week of spending- what were some frugal successes? What were some fails? You get to hear about it all!
- I used up ALL of the leftovers in my fridge this week. Throwing out food costs money so using up leftovers is a frugal win in my book!
- I tried to make black bean burgers for lunch this week, but added WAY too many bread crumbs, resulting in black bean um…crumbles. BUT. I mixed them up with a bunch of sweet chili sauce and ate them anyway. Yum yum yum. Just kidding. It wasn’t but I’ll be damned if I’m going to throw out perfectly good food.
- I made coffee at home every week and took it to work, despite the very lovely temptation of Starbucks AT work.
- One of F’s beloved tutus got a big hole in it. I am the absolute worst seamstress (B. fixes almost everything that needs sewing around our house. He possesses so many more domestic talents than I do!) I pulled out my needle and thread and managed to do a passable job sewing it up. It doesn’t look pretty, but it also doesn’t have a big hole in it anymore!
- I’ve been in need of new shorts, as none of the ones I had fit after giving birth (I know, I am super on the ball about this…) but I just. hate. shopping. So I bought some new to me shorts of ThredUp instead (which you should totally check out if you haven’t tried it). I can try them on in my own home and hopefully they fit. I consider this a frugal win because buying consignment is far cheaper than buying new.
- I was feeling totally lazy on Tuesday and forgot to defrost the meat needed for dinner so Fiona and I went to a very popular red and yellow fast food restaurant for some not-that-tasty chicken nuggets.
- I forgot about an early doctor’s appointment Fiona had on Wednesday morning until…um…Wednesday morning. I forgot to eat breakfast or pack breakfast before we left, so I ended up grabbing something at work.
- I gave in and splurged on coffee Thursday afternoon. Ever since the free coffee went away at work, this has become much harder to avoid. It’s not that I need coffee. I just….need coffee. Or a better solution to the afternoon sleepies.
So that’s my week! How did you guys do?